BISP Board was established in September 2008 and comprises of 9 to 11 members. The members belong to representatives from the government, non-governmental organisations, and are technical experts. Chairperson BISP is appointed by the Chief Patron on the advice of the Executive Patron and heads the Board. Secretary BISP is an ex officio Member, Secretary of the Board and also serves as Principal Accounting Officer. The Board is the highest management body in charge of policy development and strategy formulation with regard to BISP and its various initiatives.
The powers and functions of BISP Board are:
• To approve budget of the Programme prepared by BISP management;
• To take decisions on the financial aspects of the Programme submitted by the management;
• To monitor the Programme in a transparent manner;
• To make regulations, and approve policies and manuals;
• To approve eligibility criteria for financial assistance under the Programme; and
• To present annual progress reports to the Council and consider its recommendations.
Whenever appropriate, the Board will delegate its authority to the respective BISP wing responsible for addressing the concern, or to a specifically assigned representative or staff member.
Dr. Sania Nishtar – Chairperson of the Board
Mr. Yusuf Khan – Ex-Officio Member
Secretary/Additional Secretary, Finance Division – Ex-Officio Member
Secretary/Additional Secretary, Economic Affairs Division – Ex-Officio Member
Secretary PA&SS Division - Ex-Officio Member
Chairman, NADRA – Ex-Officio Member
Dr. Ashfaque Hasan Khan, Principal & Dean of School of Social Sciences and Humanities, NUST, Islamabad
Mr. Syed Salim Raza, Ex-Governor State Bank of Pakistan
Mr. Qazi Azmat Isa , CEO PPAF
Ms. Khawar Mumtaz, Chairperson, National Commission on the Status of Women (NCSW)
Mr. Zafar A. Khan, Ex-Chairman, PTCL/KSE and PIA, Ex-CEO Engro